Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Of flowers, bees and butterflies ... - Part 1

After a two week long break from photography, I was raring to go out and click some pictures. I had been planning this for a few days and was quite excited when Saturday finally arrived.

Destination : Butterfly Park Bannerghatta, Bangalore

About the place : This is part of the Bannerghatta Biological Park which includes the zoo and the national park. While most visitors come here to see the larger animals in the zoo and the "safari", many either don't even know or ignore the Butterfly Park. I thought the place was quite okay. Nothing too fancy, but with nothing else to compare against, I'll take what we have here. This place had about 3~4 different varieties of butterflies and apparently more in their laboratory/nursery.

Gear : Due to lack of a dedicated macro lens, I was mainly shooting with my Canon 55-250mm lens. (Note to self : Add macro lens to wishlist! )


IMG_3027-1

IMG_3043-2

IMG_3062-3

IMG_3072-4

IMG_3076-5

IMG_3087-6

IMG_3089-7

Continued in Part 2...

~AC


No comments:

Post a Comment