Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

At the Flower Show... Part 1

This one was purely by chance. I was to pick my 100mm macro lens today. I was waiting for this the whole week. I had originally planned to hit the local park to test some macro flower/insect shots. But, as luck would have it, a friend told me about the flower show that was to happen in Lalbagh. What better place to test drive the macro lens, I thought.

Honestly, I'm not happy with the pics. Made a critical mistake - did not use flashgun even though I was carrying it, resulted in shooting pics with ISO800 - noise, grain, loss of info in noise reduction in PP. Annoyed!

Here are a few pics from the day.

Location : Lalbagh Botanical Gardens, Bangalore
Gear : Canon EOS 550D, Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro Lens


IMG_4272

IMG_4139

IMG_4277

IMG_4388

IMG_4088

IMG_4102

IMG_4105

IMG_4115

IMG_4149

IMG_4163


To be continued in Part 2 ...


~AC

3 comments:

  1. The corn flower looks good.. and the one above. How much did the lens cost? and where did you buy it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chaitra! :)

    Got a pretty good deal for the lens from ebay. 26K for used, just three months old. The owner was switching to birding, so wanted to sell this off to fund for a super-telephoto.

    Love the lens. It's really sharp! :D

    ~Anoop

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure seems like it.. Hmm.. well... time to start saving up for one I guess

    ReplyDelete